Thursday, September 26, 2013

Day 506

So I really wanted to go running, but not at Padden, just out my back door and down the trail. Except weather happened.  Yes there are runners (and others) who don't let a little thing like pounding rain deter them from getting outside and exercising, but I'm not one of them.  I did have good intentions. 
I'm not afraid of a little rain (after all I live in the Pacific Northwest) but pouring down in buckets or the proverbial cats and dogs, that's where I draw the line.  I chose to do a kettlebell workout on the porch.  I felt the need to be outside just not in the down pour. 
I rather enjoyed the workout and I haven't done a kettlebell routine in quite some time so it was good for me.

Breakfast: Frittata with 20oz of cold water.

1st snack: Greek yogurt with 24 almonds

Lunch: Roasted shredded chicken with stir fried veggies and salsa.  Small bowl of ice cream.

2nd snack: Two Wasa crackers with peanut butter

Dinner: Four zucchini cakes (think crab cakes but with zucchini), chips and a chocolate milk.

A rather weirdly delicious dinner but I was looking for something different.  The workout was a nice break from my usual routines so that was a good thing.  I keep reading that not doing the same routine over and over is good.  Change is good and I'm trying to work on that.  Lorinda helps me with that every time we get together.

Oh yeah one more day closer to race day.  The clock is ticking.

No comments: