Sunday, September 1, 2013

Day 482

So it's Labor day weekend and for me it's a three day weekend.  So I decided to do a practice run for the Lake Padden Duatholon that is in Oct.  Basically 6 weeks away.  Wow I hadn't put it in those terms before.  Oh hell that means it's very close!

My time was very good actually.  2hrs and 16min.  That's eleven minutes over the official time limit but it's still doable.  At least it's in the ball park rather than three hours or something crazy.

So I started out with a breakfast of a skinny bun with almond butter and a low sodium V-8.  Also 20oz cold water.

I took my Magnesium drink with me and planned on drinking it before and during the running.  I did fairly well overall except when I got back from the bike ride and transitioned to the last run I forgot to take off my gloves and helmet.  So there I am running and carrying my helmet and wearing two sets of gloves.  I probably looked a little weird.  Oh well no harm no foul.

When it was done I stretched and I felt really good.  During the running and riding I did feel the occasional twinge in my knees and back but overall nothing serious or concerning.  I'm really glad I got new shoes and of course the bike really makes a big difference, in my opinion.

After it was over I stopped at a sandwich shop and picked up a 12" Turkey, bacon, and avocado sandwich.  Also a single serv bag of chips.  I only at half of the sandwich along with the chips and had an ice tea drink.

One reason I only ate a half of the sandwich is because I'm going to friends later and we're BBQing. 

At the BBQ I had two hamburgers and two hot dogs.  Also some potato salad and chips and an ice cream treat.  I also splurged and drank a soda.

I was a bit creaky at my friends but I still felt pretty good considering.  I'm curious as to tomorrow's condition but that's another day.  For now I'm quite happy.

No comments: