Saturday, October 12, 2013

Day 522

Okay it's getting closer and closer.  The race of the year (for me anyway) is just around the corner and counting.  3 days.  I really can't wait and no I'm not torturing myself I just want it to happen.  When you think about this, I've been moving towards this almost the entire year.  Back in Feb we started talking about doing this race and then I committed to it.  Started running first and that was an eye opener.  Actually an entire body experience frankly.  I stuck with it though and found that it was helping me lose some weight and keep it off. 
I had seemed to stall at 235-240lbs and then I was consistently hovering around 230.  I liked it.  So good incentive beyond just getting ready for the race.  Of course I've stalled again in the weight department but holding at 230 isn't a bad thing, I'd just like to drop another 10-15 and keep going to 200.  That's the goal weight that I am wishing for.

At least the weather is holding in a dryer pattern.  So hopefully Sunday won't be super muddy.

Breakfast: Frittata with 20oz of cold water

Lunch: Green salad with tomato, cauliflower, red pepper, corn, peas, cheese, and two turkey burgers cut up in the salad.

Snack: Greek yogurt with 24+ almonds

Dinner: Protein drink, Greek yogurt with Chia seeds, and a tamale.

I was a bit more hungry than normal but still not starving.  So the tamale was an attempt to satisfy that urge.  It worked and it wasn't to over indulgey.

I worked the weights at the gym and will definitely feel this one.  I did a Lorinda workout and upped the weight a bit so it felt good.

Okay only a few more days to go before the big one!

No comments: