Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Day 518

So feeling just fine after yesterday's workout.  Turned in a pretty good time on the bike, 52min, and the run was in the ball park with a 34min time.  So today I was wondering if I'd feel any residual stiffness or pains but nothing.  Encouraging for next Sunday. 
Yes the race is seven days away.  Hard to imagine that back in Feb I started thinking and planning on this experiment.  I actually expected to do it but at the same time was a bit leery of the whole idea.  After all it was going to be running and I really don't run very well.  It did help that in the summer I picked up a new pair of shoes just for running.  It also helped that I got the new bike as I think it makes a big difference when it comes to the trail riding I'll have to do.  I'm ready and waiting for it all to go down.  Now I just need to make it through the week.

Breakfast: Greek yogurt with 24 almonds and Chia seeds.  20oz of cold water.

After workout: Half of a pizza.  I really was craving a pizza so I picked up a take&bake Costco pizza on Sat.  Today I finished it off and realized I had broken one of my new rules.  Quality over quantity.  The pizza wasn't that good and so I just ate it until it was gone.  Why did I eat the whole thing?  Mostly because it just didn't taste that great and I was hoping it would.  So quantity over quality proves once again that you can't be satisfied by stuffing your face.  You have to really enjoy what you're eating and when you do you won't eat until you burst. (figuratively of course)  And that's what I did with that pizza.  Which I won't do again.  At least with one of those pizza's.

Dinner: Some eggs and cottage cheese along with almond butter and cheese spread on two Wasa crisp.

Feel like salad for lunch in the coming week.  Back to my normal lunches I guess after a bit of left field in the last few weeks.

No comments: