Thursday, June 20, 2013

Day 409

Tabata!  Except it wasn't.  I showed up for class and no one else did.  Bummer.  The instructor was very apologetic and asked if we could just skip it tonight.  She had a meeting she would need to run to at the end of the class and since I was the only one there we decided that we'd call it. 
She did get me to do a version of Tabata on my own though.  I used the elliptical and the recumbent to do intervals similar to Tabata.  I didn't sweat quite as much as I normally do but I still felt that I got a workout that was worth the time spent.  So I basically did 20sec hard with 10sec easy.  I also ramped up the levels so that it wasn't easy.  Next week back to normal.  This week was a weird Tabata  plan overall.

Breakfast: Two eggs on a skinny bun with tomato and avocado.  20oz of cold water.

1st snack: Greek yogurt and 24 almonds

Lunch: Low carb tortilla, falafel, tomato, hummus, tahini, lettuce.  Pasta salad.

Dinner: Protein drink.  Greek yogurt with Chia seeds, jerky, small handful Wasabi trail mix, and three slices of roast beef.  The roast beef came a bit later after dinner as I was still feeling hungry.  That seemed to work as I was able to feel not hungry.

So the fake tabata was actually a good workout and I was happy with it.  If the instructor hadn't pushed a little bit I'd have probably gone home early.  So good job Angie!

No comments: