Friday, June 7, 2013

Day 396

So the day after Tabata and I feel good.  The push ups were tough but I'm not feeling any residual from them.  I did them on my toes but by the end of the series I was still only able to do 1 and maybe a half.  Still the weather is good so I'm going for a bike ride for sure.  I also hit the chiropractor and that was a good idea.  I'd been feeling a bit of an issue with my neck and the chiro visit made a big difference.

Breakfast: Three egg frittata with spinach, veggie meat, and feta.  20oz of cold water

1st snack: Totally spaced bringing yogurt so just made do with almonds.  For once ate more than 24. 

Lunch: Today did a broccoli, cauliflower, salmon, and black bean veggie mix.  Then had an ice cream treat. 

Didn't have a 2nd snack

Dinner: Protein drink.  Also Greek yogurt with Chia seeds and almonds (24).  Also had the last of the buffalo jerky and added a Babybel cheese round.

Since I went to the chiropractor after work I only went for a bike ride that lasted 50min.  For one thing I didn't want to over do it after the adjustment.  I still had a good ride and it was fun, which is really the objective in the long run. 

Here's a somewhat random thought.  I was reminded the other day about the food I don't eat anymore or at least not as often as the old days.  For example KFC used to be my Friday lunch every week or at least every payday Friday.  I haven't eaten KFC since I started working with L.  The question is, do I miss it?  Well yes but at the same time I don't.  I've found other food that's just as tasty and better for me to replace the KFC craving.  Granted I'm sure one of these days I'll pick up some KFC but for now I'm okay with not eating any.  The same thing happened with Mountain Dew.  I used to drink it quite often.  Especially during those D&D sessions that came around every week.  Again once I started with L, I realized I'd need to cut back on the soda and I did.  Now I drink a soda once in a while and then it's only one not the two or three I would have in the past.  So in thinking about the past and what I used to eat and the quantity I'd eat makes me realize I've changed my self and it's a good thing. I can honestly say I want to change and that's also a good thing.  Especially for me and my desire to live my life to the fullest I can. 

No comments: