Monday, June 17, 2013

Day 405

It's Saturday and I've got to meet with L and then go to sushi.  That makes for an awesome day of fun! 
We talked about my starting to ride and run around Padden to get more prepared for the race.  I'll plan on riding half of the mountain bike trail and then run around the lake to see how it is.  I need to get better at the mountain bike trail as that is where I will need to make time.  I just don't think the running is going to go any faster especially after running and then riding and then running again.  L is very encouraging though so I shouldn't get too wound up about it.  I guess I just need to keep doing what I'm doing and it will come. 
One change I'm going to make though is this, I'm going to start running Sat morning before meeting with L and then mountain bike on Sunday.  I need to still stick to my Sunday routine and if I try to do both there just isn't enough time to do it properly.  Besides it won't hurt me to get up and run before L does her thing on me.

Breakfast: Greek yogurt with Chia seeds and 20oz of cold water.

After workout: Sushi.  This was mainly the "not raw" type of sushi so there was white rice and other stuff.  Also a beer.  I was conservative in the amount of sushi I ate and I think I did fine in moderation.

Dinner: Went with friends to a movie so dinner was later but still early.  Had a rice noodle salad that was quite delicious.  Then indulged and had an ice cream cookie sandwich.  Which I have since learned is very high calories and fat.  The numbers are so bad I'm not at liberty to reveal them.  Lets just say I won't be eating this anymore except on very rare occasions.  I knew this going in so I savored the opportunity to enjoy this particular ice cream treat.

Late nite snack: Since dinner was earlier than usual I did have a banana and almond butter as a late evening snack.

So had a good workout with L and then the sushi so balanced out somewhat.  Tomorrow is Padden running and biking so looking forward to that.

No comments: