Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Day 393

It's Tabata! day.  The work week gets off to a bang with Tabata.  I'm feeling great after the run yesterday and I will get in a bike ride tomorrow as the weather has turned to very sunny and warm.  The Tabata was filled with legs and abs so I'm hoping that I will feel okay over the next few days.  It can be a tough go at times especially when it's focused.  I did very well food wise today as I wasn't hungry like I've been in the past weeks on Monday after the Sunday run.  Sometimes it can carry over to Tuesday so I'm curious to see how tomorrow turns out.  I didn't eat any more food today than normal so that's not the issue.  I wonder if I could have worked harder on the run.  Not sure though as it seemed like I was going all out when I could.  Maybe next week I'll try to consciously work as hard as I can and see what happens.  Probably similar to lifting weight and lifting to failure.  It's good for your body to do that occasionally.  It's definitely something I should experiment with.

Breakfast: Two eggs fried with turkey and feta.  Salsa and 20oz of cold water.

1st snack: Greek yogurt and almonds (24) plus a piece of carrot cake from Friday

Lunch: Spinach salad with broccoli, brussel sprouts, and cauliflower warmed up in the microwave.  This was topped with corn/black bean salsa.  Someone brought in a loaf of banana bread and I had two pieces.

2nd snack: Again a piece of the carrot cake from Friday

Dinner: Spinach salad with salmon patty.  There was also avocado and cauliflower.  Of course a protein drink.  Also two big handfuls of Wasabi Pea and Peanut mix.

So I was very satisfied with dinner.  I didn't feel the urge to scramble around the kitchen looking for that one morsel of food that would satisfy.  I'm hoping this has something to do with my metabolism finally figuring it out.  I will wait until tomorrow to decide if a schedule like today will be beneficial.

No comments: