Sunday, June 9, 2013

Day 398

Got together with L today as usual.  She was out of town last week so I was on my own for the workout.  I did a pretty good job of exercising but I missed the advice and social nature of our weekly workouts.  So it was good to meet with her this week. We did biceps and triceps.
The weather didn't really cooperate in the sense of being sunny, but I still went for a bike ride after the workout.  So the bike ride was just practice for tomorrow's running around Padden.  It was a good bike ride.  I might have to start thinking about riding to work in the coming weeks.  Probably an awesome way to start the workday.

Breakfast: I always have something different for breakfast on the weekends.  This time I'm having Greek yogurt with Chia seeds and a banana mixed together.  Also the standard 20oz of cold water.

After workout: Came home and had a protein drink then went for an hour long bike ride.  After the bike ride I had a fish sandwich on a skinny bun with almond butter and BBQ sauce.  Also had some sweet potato fries (frozen TJ's).

I ate nothing else until dinner as I was going to friends for a BBQ and we were having hot dogs.  These were not your little wimpy hot dogs but the giant ones from Costco.  So I had two, buns on both, and some pasta salad, potato salad, and chips.  Then they brought out the cake.  I had a piece of that.  Again not my finest hour of eating but still I held back to an extant.  There were more hot dogs, and salads,along with chips of which I could have eaten but didn't.  That's one of those things that is different from the old days.  In the old days I would have had a third hot dog and definitely more chip.  So in the big picture it's a win.  Also something to remember and to build on.  Moderation and control are all part of the picture I'm trying to live to.  Not there yet but getting closer?

No comments: