Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Day 401

So I didn't have to work overtime today but not sure how the rest of the week will go.  So I figured I'd better hit the gym while I had the chance.  I tried out a new class and was pleasantly surprised.  It was listed as a stretching class but that was just the tip of the iceberg.  The instructor started us out with core then moved into some yoga and finished up with stretching.  I heard the word Pilate's in there somewhere also.  I really like the idea of this class in between the two days of Tabata. 
So for now I've got Tabata on Monday then the stretching/yoga class on Tuesday and than back to Tabata on Wednesday.  The rest of the week can be made up of bike riding or weights at the gym.  Of course then there's L day and running day.  So I think I've discovered a good mix for now.
I've felt good all week and the belt is in the 6th spot so I'm keeping the flow going.  I'm going to be curious tomorrow as to the actual weight for weigh in day.  Not sure but I think I'll do okay.

Breakfast: Frittata with mushroom, spinach, and ground turkey along with cheese.  20oz of cold water.

1st snack: Someone put some donuts in the break room at work and so of course I had a half of a donut.  Also had the Greek yogurt and almonds (24).  Then had another half of a donut.

Lunch: Had the weird salad mix again.  Quinoa, broccoli, cauliflower, and in the quinoa was brussel sprouts.  I tossed in some cheese and black Bean and corn salsa.

no 2nd snack

Dinner: Because the gym workout wasn't intense (even though I did sweat my shirt) I skipped the protein drink.  I did have the Greek yogurt and Chia seeds.  I also had a big handful of the Wasabi Pea trail mix, some jerky, cauliflower, low sodium V-8, and a banana.  That was over the course of about 2 hours.

So even though it wasn't a hard workout (like Tabata) I was a bit hungrier than I anticipated.  Maybe I should have had the protein drink and then I wouldn't have nibbled my way thru the evening.

I really enjoyed the gym class and I'll be back for more.  I did feel a bit awkward but am confident that I'll get the hang of it by continuing to go to the class.  Similar to Tabata as I felt a bit "fish out of water" my first couple of sessions.  Now I'm a pro (snicker).  It should be fun and worthwhile.

No comments: