Saturday, June 15, 2013

Day 402

Yay Tabata!  This week has been a bit different and will continue in that vein.  So Tabata was the choice today and that will be it for the rest of the week until I meet with L on Saturday.  I guess it's an off week but the good news is it's also weigh in day and I actually lost weight.  Not a lot but it's a loss so very nice surprise.  I'm always impressed when I've lose weight since it does seem to be an issue.  At the same time definitely more comments about looking like I've lost weight from people I haven't seen recently.  So over all I shouldn't be bothered about the weight thing.  Of course this is old news and such.  I just can't help it, when the main objective is my health and weight is one of the concerns.

Breakfast: Frittata with ground turkey, mushroom, and spinach.  20oz of cold water.

1st snack: Greek yogurt and 24 almonds

Lunch: Quinoa with brussel sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower, and cheese mixed with black bean/corn salsa.

2nd snack: Ice cream sandwich

Dinner: Due to Tabata I did feel a bit hungrier than normal so my dinner was different than normal. First up I had a protein drink then I had a hamburger on a skinny bun with almond butter and a Babybel cheese round melted on top.  Big handful of Wasabi Pea trail mix and a low sodium V-8.

That did seem to satisfy the hunger.  Tabata was intense tonight.  We did one set that consisted of a small band strung between our ankles and we lunged sideways across the floor.  That was a killer but then we did mountain climbers so that was even more killeresque.  Still once again a great workout.  The next week should be back to normal though for everything (not expecting any overtime at work).  Tomorrow I'm going to friends after work so I'm skipping the gym.  I'll try to be good and not over indulge for dinner there.  Could be a challenge though as they are really good cooks.

No comments: