Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Day 407

Tabata!  It's that day of the week and I'm ready to do it.  This week is going to be back to normal after last week's down time.  I only worked out twice during the work week and that's not normal for me.  It's okay though as it was nice to take it easy.  This week though back to it for sure.  So Tabata was fun and different as we had a different instructor.  This one likes to mix it up and not let us get complacent.  I like all the different styles available.
This weeks breakfast is back to an old standby but with a delicious twist.  Same with lunch.  An oldie but goody with all the ingredients including one that always gets forgotten.  Looking forward to lunch this week.

Breakfast: Two eggs fried on a skinny bun with roast beef, tomato, avocado, and cheese.  20oz of cold water.  Won't have cheese the rest of the week.

1st snack: Greek yogurt and 24 almonds.  There were still quesadillas left from the Friday birthday food and I had a couple of slices.  Couldn't help it.

Lunch: Falafel with tomato, lettuce, tahini, and hummus on a low carb wrap.  Had a small cupcake (again couldn't help it).

2nd snack: 4-5 small pieces of little bread and hummus.  A very small piece of cake.

Dinner: Protein drink.  Greek yogurt with Chia seeds, piece of jerky, three strawberries, and a small handful of Wasabi trail mix.

Breakfast and lunch were very good.  This is something I always try to maintain and that's meals that satisfy my craving for good food.  Sometimes it turns into quantity over quality but I fight tooth and nail to reverse that trend.  If I can give myself quality food I'll be satisfied with small portions and that will be good for me in the big picture.  If I can sustain that first mouthful feeling thru out the meal than I know I'll be satisfied to the point of not needing any more after the initial serving.  Again something to strive for every day.

No comments: