Monday, December 3, 2012

Looking good or at least not as fat

I've been getting a lot more comments lately as to my health.  And by that I mean people are noticing that I'm getting skinnier.  At least it seems that way.  I can see it as I start to wear smaller clothes.  For example I wore a shirt on Saturday that was ten years old that I'd not ever been able to wear.  It was a cool shirt and I bought it with the idea I'd lose weight and then be able to wear it.  Well it took 10 years but I'm wearing it now!  Then Saturday night I wore a pair of pants that I had just bought that were a full two sizes down from what I've been wearing for the last year.  I'm thinking I may have to have a seamstress re-size some of my clothing to better fit me.  Some would say I should just buy new stuff but a lot of my clothes are newer, they'd just stopped fitting.  So I continue to mine my closet for clothes that used to fit but stopped fitting over the last 10 years.  I hope to make that a habit and not a random one time thing.  This is what motivates me now.  Not the scale (even though it's good to see the number go down.  It's just depressing when you think you've lost weight but the scale doesn't reflect that loss.  So how my clothes fit is a much better indicator and the fact that I can buy smaller clothes helps too.

No comments: