Monday, December 24, 2012

Day 330

It's meet with L day!  I always look forward to this day of the week.  We will have a lot to talk about and today was no different other than the fact that we didn't work out.  What you say?  That's right L put on her "Talk Al Down" hat.  Frankly I am still expecting to get on the scale and see a drop in weight.  I expect this because my clothes continue to fit better and better.  As it turns out though I've hit that plateau where unless I do something drastic the weight stays right where it is.  Turns out that "something drastic" will have to be eating better.  I've felt like I'm eating better but I'm still having too many "cheat" days.  Nothing wrong with cheat days but too many of them sorta defeat the purpose of this whole idea.  We talked about the fact that I'm going to the gym six days a week (almost every month) so there just isn't any room for more gym.  I feel I'm working out enough.  So the only other place that can be tweaked is the food intake.  So after the first of the year that's what we're going to try.  I guess I am going to have to get "serious" about this, but until then this is how it's going down:

Breakfast: Greek yogurt and almonds.  20oz of cold water.

After workout meal: Turkey burger with an egg on whole wheat bread.  Add tomato, spinach, and avocado plus almond butter.  On the side, sweet potato fries.

Snacking throughout the day on holiday treats.  Cookies, candy, and assorted other goodies.

Dinner: Had a pear cut up covered in cottage cheese and salsa.

I had some more holiday treats before I called it a day.  The sugary goodness just would not let go.  This why I find myself in the dilemma I'm in.  I'm going to have to work on some mind tricks to fake myself out.  Of course we're talking about trying to change a set of pathways that have been in existence for 50 years.  So I'm guessing it won't happen overnite, but it would be nice if it could happen in a few months.  ;) 

No comments: