Sunday, December 2, 2012

Day 310

So it's workout day with L.  We haven't met for two weeks so there will be lots of grilling in terms of my workouts.  I answered truthfully as it wasn't any different than normal.  I only skipped one of my regular days as it was the day before Thanksgiving and I had to budget my time a bit differently.  Today is also my work's holiday get together and we will be eating at an Italian restaurant.  I've ordered the steak (it was just ok) and I'm sure there will be lots of adult beverages consumed.  In that department for me more than normal as I've been coerced into taking a taxi instead of driving.  If I drive I have maybe one or two beverages as opposed to this time having 5-6.  ;) It was a fun time as we went to a club afterwards and danced until the wee hours.  If you remember this would be the second time in about three weeks that I closed a bar down.  I'd better watch it or I'll start acting like a twenty year old.  It's a great group of people though so that makes it fun.  I did do the food run after the bar though so that was a bit disconcerting even though I didn't eat it all.  I got to the " I'm satisfied " feeling and put down the fork and threw the rest away.  So here's the rundown:

Breakfast: Cherry Pie Larabar

After workout meal: A turkey burger on a skinny bun with an egg, 2 slices of ham, avocado, tomato, spinach, and almond butter.  Also nine onion rings.

Dinner: As I said this was at a restaurant.   The meal consisted of a 6oz steak with a portabella mushroom gracing the top of the steak, along with mashed potatoes and broccoli.  Appetizers were sauteed shrimps and the thin sliced crunchy bread with an Italian topping.  I've talked in the past about social gatherings and how they cause you to over eat.  Tonight it wasn't much different but I didn't eat all of the meal.  I left some of the potatoes and a quarter of the steak, mostly due to it not being cooked properly.  I understand though as they were cooking for about 25 people and timing can be quite a bitch in that situation.  As it was one of the diners didn't get her meal until about 3-4 minutes had passed since the last person got theirs.  A pleasant meal with the owner checking with us a various times to ensure we were happy.  The wait staff did a good job of dealing with the large group and I don't believe any one's glass was ever empty for very long.  So 3-4 adult beverages were consumed by me and then the after dinner party went to a comedy club and I had another beverage.

After the comedy club we went dancing.  I did dance for a good portion of the evening (cardio) and consumed more beverages interspersed with glasses of water.  After dancing we then went to a local food hangout and had crepes.  Interesting late night munchies choice.  I had a pizza version (of course).  I only ate about two-thirds though as I was satisfied at that point.

So there we go another day in the journey to my goal.  I think overall it went well, especially getting together with L again.  I will be doing it again in a couple of weeks (my birthday coming up) but not quite to that extent.  There will be adult beverages though I'm sure.

No comments: