Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Day 320

So day 320, still 40 some days to go to make a year of this blog.  I'm good to go for the continuing journey.  I will say that today I had a very hard time getting out of bed.  To the point of actually not eating my normal breakfast because I wanted to sleep in later.  So on that note here's what I did:

Breakfast: Cherry Pie Larabar and 20oz of cold water.

1st snack: Greek yogurt and almonds

Lunch: Spinach salad with sauteed broccoli and onions, roasted cauliflower, quinoa, broccoli slaw, tomato and salsa for dressing.

2nd snack: I normally don't have a snack in the afternoon.  Today though I felt a bit of hunger so I had a slice of whole wheat low carb bread and peanut butter.  I wonder if my change in the morning breakfast routine had anything to do with my afternoon hunger?

Dinner: Broccoli with quinoa, cheese, steak strips and salsa.

Lunch this time was smaller but still rather big.  It wasn't adequate though I guess as I was hungry enough to eat the afternoon snack.

At the gym tonite I noticed my legs were not into it on the recumbent.  I had to really work to keep the momentum going.  I had to laugh as the nite before I was thinking I was gliding through the workout.  Funny how 24hrs can make a difference.  The other thought I'd had the night before was how my legs felt and they didn't feel fatigued like they have in the past.  So I wonder if I'm once again over training like I feel I'd done before.  I don't want to hurt myself.  I want to move forward not backward.  If I hurt myself then I'm going to slow down my progress.  May have to take a few days off here in the next week or two.  Or at least take a break from all the cardio I'm doing and do some extra weight lifting.  Of course then we get into the issue I've had recently with my arm and shoulders.  Ah well you can't make an omelet without breaking the eggs.  Ha there's a food metaphor for you.  Hope it doesn't make you hungry.

No comments: