Friday, April 6, 2012

Day Seventy-two

So today I had an epiphany of sorts.  I have figured out that I am getting fitter.  Not the best wording but still makes my point.  I had been thinking that it was time to go on my own and not continue with the personal training.  Now it wasn't because I felt I wasn't getting anything out of it anymore.  On the contrary I was reaping many benefits.  Among other things it's good to have someone to talk to who knows what you're trying to do.  It was just feeling like it was time to strike out on my own.  Here's where it gets a bit of Too Much Information time.  I was sitting on the toilet and this random thought popped into my head, I was looking at a scar on my upper thigh.  This scar was from my childhood and it's always drawn my eyes to it.  Today when this random thought crossed my mind I looked at the scar and realized my upper thigh actually looked a bit toned.  Yes, not as flabby as it has been for most of my adult life.  What can I attribute this tone to?  Guess what, the workouts I've done with L is my first guess.  Of course I've also tried to keep going to the gym during the week.  That would be another benefit of working out with L as she always asks or acknowledges me when we see each other at the gym.  Encouragement is always a big help in this situation. So something to think about.  In case you're wondering I realize I will never look like I could have at 25 if I'd started back then but still I do see the possibilities of what I can do.  I want to continue with L and see where this could go.  I know I'm older but I think it could be good and I want to make it work.  Ok here's what I put in the body today:

Breakfast: Oatmeal with cottage cheese, thin bun with lemon crud, three slices of turkey, banana, and 20oz cold water.

Snack: Greek yogurt and almonds

Lunch: Chicken patty from Trader Joe's on two slices of whole wheat bread, tomato, mache, avocado, and chinese mustard and peanut butter.  Serving of quinoa from Trader Joe's which is a prepared mix.

No afternoon snack

Dinner: To start two glasses of red wine followed by a soup mix made up of low sodium chicken stock, mini pot stickers, broccoli, carrots, and a salmon patty.  After dinner snack was two pieces of candy and a 100 cal bag of popcorn.

So there we go.  Tomorrow is weigh-in day so we'll see how it actually went.  I have no opinion other than my belt loop went to 4 a few times this week and it wasn't uncomfortable with it at 4.  Getting better every day.  Going to a BBQ tomorrow also so it will be fun to see how I do with that.

No comments: