Monday, April 23, 2012

Day Eighty-eight

Hmm...could be a slump is heading my way.  As in a bit more than normal in the being discouraged department.  Looking back at the last 87 days you might be somewhat surprised at that comment.  I know I am but am understanding where it's coming from.  It stems mostly from the issue I've been having with my leg.  It is continuing to feel good one day and than when I think I'm over the hump it sneaks back up on me.  Today is a good example.  After having a good talk with L about it and observing that it wasn't bothering me, I went for a bike ride and then the next day noticed it again.  It then flared up in a new way that really bothered me.  Now I don't know if I should ignore it (which I do alot of times) or be really concerned.  I've talked recently about taking a break and maybe that's what I should do.  I think it might be a good idea.  Here's the idea I had today about my food choices:


Breakfast: Egg sandwich with avocado, tomato, some feta cheese, and skinny bun.  Banana and 20oz of cold water.

Snack: Greek yogurt and almonds

Lunch: Wrap with chicken and tomato with grilled onions and feta.  A Hagen Dahz ice cream bar.

Snack: Nutty Butter ice cream cone

Dinner: Stir fry broccoli, spinach, asparagus, sliced steak, and quinoa w/feta.  Some roasted beet and yam.  5.5oz can of low sodium V-8.  And a very small handful of almonds.

I didn't go to the gym after work today.  I did however do a short routine with my weights at home.  I didn't work up a sweat but still felt like I did something rather than nothing.  Why didn't I go to the gym?  Well my knee was bothering me (hence the comments at the beginning of this entry) and I decided to take a break.  I could have still gone to the gym and just done a weight work out but I figured I might feel ok and then do some cardio which would then bother my knee again.  This way there was no worry of feeling guilty about not really working out so I can lose more weight.  That is the whole purpose of this going to the gym thing but not at the expense of hurting myself to the point of not being able to exercise at all.  Not that I think that's going to happen but now is the time to take it down a notch.  So I may not go to the gym at all this week, we'll see.

1 comment:

Rinda said...

Ice it. Elevate it. Take some ibuprofen. If it does not get better then you should see the Dr. You can do non weight bearing exercise like bike and weights for upper body. Good job paying attention to your body. Keep up the good work.
L