Saturday, April 21, 2012

Day Eighty-five

So it's Friday and Friday is always an interesting day.  Work can be very hectic and lunch can be almost anything.  I try to plan lunch for the first four days of the work week and let Friday be what ever I feel like.  At least to a point.  I used to do KFC every Friday until I started working with L and she convinced me that that wasn't a good idea.  I now will make something at home that is different from what I've eaten the past week.  Most times it's still good for me and tasty.  Sometimes it's tasty and not as good for me.  I try though to not overdo it.  This Friday was a typical day in that I was planning an evening with friends that was going to involve drinks and dinner.  So I made the conscious decision to eat a better lunch in anticipation of the not so better dinner and drinks.  I also figured that if I could I'd not eat until I couldn't eat anymore at dinner.  I will say that I did fairly well under the circumstances.  Here's your chance to agree or not:

Breakfast: Egg sandwich with roast beef, avocado, tomato, and skinny bun.  Banana and 20oz of cold water.

Snack: Greek yogurt and almonds

Lunch: Spinach salad with cauliflower, tomato, quinoa, cottage cheese w/salsa, and chicken.  Ice cream bar.

Snack: Skinny cow chocolate ice cream sandwich

Pre-dinner: Had a vodka gimlet

Dinner: Pad Thai with shrimp.  Had some appetizers, a small pot sticker stuffed with crab and cream cheese, half of a chicken satay w/peanut sauce, and half a spring roll.  Had two glasses of red wine with dinner.  Only ate half of the Pad Thai, took the rest home for later.

So overall not a bad day and it felt good.  I enjoyed my time out with friends as we had a very good time and seemed to enjoy each others company.  i look forward to getting together with them again.  Tomorrow is weigh-in day so let's hope it;'s not to scary.

No comments: