Monday, July 1, 2013

Day 420

Did the Padden bike ride today (one hour and 7 minutes) as I get started on the new program.  It's quite an exhausting ride to say the least and absolutely some hairy spots that I'm always going to walk rather than ride.  The down hill on a tight trail is fairly scary stuff and I don't think I'll ever get used to it.  Of course if I was in my 20's, maybe.  At the same time I know that I need to keep riding the trail and get as used to the scariness as possible.  That will help I'm sure.  The other part of the equation is simply the energy needed to just make the ride.  There are many up hill spots that I just can't ride and I hope I can work on that with these weekend trips to Padden.  Somewhat like the running parts. I will need to work it as I must cut some time out.  As I am trying with the running I'm sure I can lay down a better time.  Just gotta do it.

I went to another gaming session tonight and only took a Peanut Butter Larabar.  I wasn't hungry until I got home and had time to think about it.  The research I read was proven once again.  The experts talk about hunger and how it can quite often be in your head and not your stomach.  Well that's what happened to me.  Oh well this week is a write off any way.  I'm not going to the gym until next week but I'm going to try to do some work at home and then at the hotel.

For the Fourth of July weekend I'm heading to the SeaTac area for a weekend of nerdiness.  Playing D&D all weekend and I'm not limiting myself food or drink wise.  Which means that after this weekend I'm back to it until October.

Breakfast: Cherry Pie Larabar and 20oz of cold water.

After bike ride: Protein drink

After grocery shopping: Mexicali salad with chicken and cottage cheese (1/2 cup).  Also chips and salsa.

That was it except for the Peanut Butter Larabar at the game and then when I got home (late in the evening) way more chips and salsa than was necessary.  I also had some trail mix and bacon (? very random there).

I really believe that it was possible to avoid those chips and salsa except for the fact I should have eaten something beyond the Larabar.  Oh well still working it out.

No comments: