Monday, July 22, 2013

Day 441

It's ride the crazy mountain bike trail day at Padden.  I am really starting to get the hang of it.  At least to a point.  There are some crazy insane parts and I'm quite happy to just get off and walk/stumble through those. 
I did improve my time from last week.  I clocked in at 52min.  So almost a full ten minutes off my original run.  I figure the more I ride this trail the more familiar I become.  That translates into the ability to predict how much I can ride and when to start walking the insane parts.

Breakfast: Bialy with almond butter and 20oz of cold water.

After bike ride: Protein drink.  Mahi Mahi burger with tomato and avocado on Rye bread.

Midday lunch: Tortilla and turkey.

Evening meal: Not really a meal as I was gaming.  I took two beef jerky sausages and a granola bar.  When I got home I was feeling some hunger but it was after 9pm so I just ignored the call.

So a very good day on the bike.  I'm really starting to feel a bit more confident but have a long way to go.
I'm thinking that some time in August I will do a practice race.  The whole run-bike-run.  Just to see how hard it will be.  Also so I can see how close I can come to actually finishing this thing.

No comments: