Friday, March 29, 2013

Day 327

So didn't get up in time for normal breakfast and no time for the mini workout but I'm okay with that.  I gave myself the morning off and it was a good idea.  Somewhat like giving yourself a cheat meal but call it a cheat day.  I still tried (mostly successfully) to eat healthy and not fall down completely.  I have nothing to feel bad about overall.  I consider Friday a day off but I realized I was giving myself way too much slack.  So instead of a cheat day where you eat yourself silly all day, I just tried to keep it under control this time.  Here's what I did:

Breakfast: Protein drink.  I got up just with enough time to shower and get dressed for work.  I then drank the protein drink and headed off to work.

No 1st snack as I had to combine my work break and lunch together.

Lunch: A chili releno from TJ's mixed with the last of the turkey meat from the last week.  It was quite good but may have overdid it as I ended up getting a slight stomach ache.

No 2nd snack other than a green tea drink that I like in the afternoon.

Dinner: So I did go off the rails a bit for dinner.  Not too badly and I think I hit the portion control section of dinner almost right on.  I picked up a roasted chicken and had leg and thigh combo with some stir fried asparagus and broccoli.  A bit later I had a 100cal bag of popcorn and then a 5 seed bar from TJ's.  That was it for the evening.

So in looking back at the week I think I'm on the right track as long as I can keep it up.  At this time I don't see any reason not to and that's the secret.  Gotta keep the interest up and the back sliding to a minimum.  I'm sure in a few weeks I'll have to come up with a new offering to keep things moving so I'll be watching with open eyes.  It will happen I know.

No comments: