Monday, March 11, 2013

Day 309

Wow I didn't really think that Daylight Savings would affect me but it seems to have.  I got up very late and ended up convincing myself that today would be a good day to try and not eat a full roster of calories.  So I didn't eat breakfast but ate a Larabar after I got to work.  I then planned on my usual Greek yogurt and almonds but ended up eating a roast beef sandwich instead.  I did eat my home made chili that I took for lunch but also had a slice of toast (plain) with it.  I then proceeded to drink one of the protein drinks I bought over the weekend as my afternoon snack.  Which was good as that was the plan all along.  At the end of the work day though is when it all fell apart.  Well not really but I ended up not going to the gym.  I felt the need to take a pass from working out.  I'd originally planned on a weight lifting workout but when it came time to go I headed home.  On the way home I was feeling the need for some type of meal that wasn't home made.  Fortunately that plan also got side tracked and I ended up going for a bike ride (first of the new year).  I haven't purchased the new bike yet but my old bike is still very serviceable and it felt great to be back in the saddle.  I just did a little loop as I really felt like I needed a break from working out.  It's been non stop since the beginning of the year (except when I got sick back in early Feb) so I think that's okay.  As long as that's it and tomorrow I'm back to the gym.

So when I got home from the ride I made a fish/egg/avocado sandwich on some high fiber low carb high protein bread.  I also sliced up a yellow zucchini and sprinkled it with some seasonings for added crunch.  Got in a low sodium V-8 and a half a cup (actually measured) of almonds.

No comments: