Sunday, March 17, 2013

Day 314

It's work out with L day and I was planning on picking up the new bike today.  One out of two isn't bad.  When I finally got to the bike store I found that the bike I wanted had to be put together and that would take a day or more.  No big deal but now that I've made the decision to get it I'm a bit antsy.  I'll have it by next weekend so that's fine.  I did put together the new bike rack for the car and tested it out (I took the old bike to the bike store). 

Breakfast: Egg sandwich on a skinny bun with almond butter, avocado, and tomato.  20oz of cold water.

After workout meal: I've been craving fish and chips.  So I finally succumbed but not from the restaurant I was planning on.  I was craving a specific place and when I finally decided that I was going to indulge my craving, I chose a different place.  The reasoning was that the place I was craving would give a huge portion and I'd of course eat it all.  So instead I went to a different place that I knew would still give me enough to satisfy the craving but not a stupid amount of food to entice me to over eat.  I also know that the food at the place I went to was just as good as the original place. So I had three pieces of halibut with fries and cole slaw.  It was very good and did satisfy the craving for fish and chips.  I also threw in a low sodium V-8 just make it a bit more healthy.  {grin}

I then spent the rest of the day working on the car bike rack and going to the bike store.  Also went grocery shopping for some stuff I was out of.  I picked up some ice cream and a soda for an ice cream soda later.

Mid-day snack: 100cal bag of popcorn

Dinner: Had a beer while cooking dinner.  It was a big stir fry of broccoli, spinach, cauliflower, and the last of the ham from breakfast.  Mixed it together with three eggs and baked it in the oven.  I did have the ice cream float along with the cookies from work.

So again a good day.  I didn't spend all day in front of the computer (even though I did play some video game) and I got out and moved around.  That's the new plan these days.  I really think that that will be one way for me to curb the snacking and mindless eating on the weekends.

I did take a short nap in the middle of the day also.  Nothing wrong with that I'm sure.

No comments: