Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Day 323

Alright day one of the new week.  Actually got out of bed early today.  First day of making a new habit and trying to jump start an old habit.  So I did have my normal breakfast but prepared a different way.  I am also experimenting with dessert along with my breakfast.  It's funny eating cake as part of breakfast when in the past I've tried to only eat proper breakfast foods.  In addition to getting out of bed early it allowed me to get in a short workout.  Just like the old habit that I'm trying to turn into a new habit.  It felt right so hopefully I'll continue this so that I can get back on track with working out in the morning.  I'm never going to do a huge workout but at least a short session to get my body in the mood for the day.  Okay here's what I'm eating today:

Breakfast: Fried egg plus an egg white and 3 slices of deli ham on a skinny bun with avocado and tomato.  A slice of lemon tea cake (2"x2-1/2"x1") and 20oz of cold water.

1st snack: Greek yogurt and almonds (handful)

Lunch: Spinach salad with roast cauliflower and sweet potato.  Also baked chicken breast (palm of my hand portion) and salsa for dressing.  A very small piece of banana bread (1"x1"x2").

2nd snack: Pear and a slice of whole wheat bread with peanut butter

Dinner: Protein drink and Greek yogurt with a 5 seed bar from TJ's.

During the day I had two pieces of candy from the work candy bowl.

Oh did I mention TABATA!  Yes the gym has started a second Tabata night and it's now Monday and Wednesday!  The first session was fun and there were four of us plus the instructor.  It was also great as this will be another change in my routine.  So for now I'll go to the gym on Mon's and Weds to do Tabata.  Then Tues and Thurs I will either go to the gym or ride the bike.  That will depend on the weather.  If it's raining I'm going to the gym and if it's nice, well then I'm riding. So tomorrow will be a bike ride as it's looking like it will be nice.  As the weather gets better I might even convince myself to ride to work some days.  That will be nice as I'll get in a workout but still be home at a reasonable hour.  Yay me.

No comments: