Sunday, March 17, 2013

Day 313

It's Friday!  If you are a Mon-Fri 9-5 worker (I know not everyone is) Friday always is a welcome arrival.  For me it normally signals two events.  One is I get to not feel guilty for not going to the gym.  And two: I will meet with L the next day for our weekly workouts.  Lately it's also signaled that I'll probably be eating not so healthy dinners.  The gaming group has moved (for now) to Friday nights after we all get off work.  In a way it's better than the Sunday get together as that's a 6hr food frenzy.  Of course Friday can turn into that also but it seems a bit easier to take control of the eating.  At least that's what I'm telling myself and so far mostly successful.

This week overall has been good.  I lost two pounds in the weight loss contest and I figured out (with help from L) why my back/neck hurts after I do bench presses.  I always feel like a wimp when doing bench presses because I know my spine just doesn't like to do that particular exercise.  Well after talking to L about it we figured out that I was doing them improperly (at least for me).  I like to use one of the machines that makes the movement safer when not having a spotter.  It lets your arms go past your shoulders and thus puts stress on your upper back and neck.  For me this causes my musculature to tense up and strain the area of my back/neck that's been injured years ago.  So the solution was to put some weight plates under the machine so the my arms can't go past my shoulders.  I tried that this week and it was great, no pain!  So one of the reasons I was going to the chiropractor some much may be resolved.  Yay me! 

Okay today was fine but the food was a challenge:

Breakfast: Because I knew that food was going to challenge me I opted for the no breakfast option.  Actually I did have breakfast but it was a protein drink at work once I got there.  The boss bought cookies (we know what I think about cookies) so of course I had to have one.  Ha in your face cookies I really only had one.  I was shocked that I could limit myself.

1st snack: The usual Greek yogurt and almonds.  But there were cookies.

Lunch: The boss bought quesadillas for the crew at lunch.  I did rather well and only had four total.  With guacamole and salsa.  Oh, cookies.

2nd snack: Cookies and my iced tea drink along with a quesadilla.

Dinner: It was the gamer get together and we had hot dogs, potato salad, macaroni salad, sauerkraut, baked beans, and chips.  Plus some snack bars, healthy and so so healthy.  I also had a low sodium V-8 plus an iced tea drink and a beer.  I had brought three cookies home with me but ended up not eating them at the game.  I saved them for later in the weekend.

As I said overall not to bad of an evening with the food.  I only had one hot dog with bun and even though I caught myself in the kitchen a few times mindlessly eating chips it still wasn't a complete disaster.  Plus I knew that the next morning I'd be sweating and working hard when I met with L.  The cookie count was somewhere in the vicinity of 10 for the day.

No comments: