Monday, March 4, 2013

Day 301

It's Lake Padden and get together with the gaming group day.  So exercise in the morning and eating like there's no tomorrow in the afternoon.  We had pizza and the pizza buyer bought pizza like the old days.  By that I mean these days most of us are on a healthy lifestyle type of diet and that means there are six of us and were not going to eat 5 pizza's.  In the old days yes these days not even close.  Oh we did give it the old college try but by the end of the session the was probably still two whole pizza's left.  So of course that meant leftovers and so some of us took some home for later.

I had a great run around Padden today.  I planned on running the opposite way from last time and I felt like I'd made pretty good time.  I still wanted to run in segments.  I did try to run as long as I could instead of just running for a short distance and then slow to a walking pace.  This time I really did try to run until I felt myself starting to stumble.  I also surprised myself by running an eighth time before I got back to the starting point.  This time I did look at the time but that was while I was getting ready.  I had to change into my "running"clothes and then hit the trail.Then when I got back I took time to stretch before getting back to the car and the clock.  So my time was about the same as last time at what I figure was 53 minutes.  I need to find out a time for me to shoot for.  In other words I figure I need to get the run down to around 30 minutes or less to be able to complete the race.  Which translates into at least 15min miles.  Don't know if that is attainable by me.  The running course is 2.6m long.  Plus I have no clue as to how long the bike course will take.  I walked it in about 1hr 20min but I don't know if that translates to the bike.  Of course in a couple of weeks I'll find out as I should have the new bike by then.

Food wise I'm off to a good start for the next 100 days.  All I need to say is, pizza.  Well actually I had a Cherry Pie Larabar and 20oz of water for breakfast.  After the run at the lake I had a Mexicali salad from TJ's supplemented with a turkey burger (no bun) and a tomato.  I then hit the pizza smorgasbord for the rest of the day.  By the time it was over I'd consumed 7 pieces of pizza.  Only one piece of what was called a Chicago stuffed crust which had a 2 1/2" thickness to it.  And I didn't eat the 2" thick end that was nothing but pizza dough.  Most of the other pieces were of the thin crust variety but I'm just justifying my pigging out, so I'll stop now.

No comments: