Saturday, March 23, 2013

Day 319

Did another late rising so already blowing off breakfast and morning workout.  I know what is going on, I've created a new habit.  That habit is getting up late and not following thru on my commitment to workout in the morning.  I'm never going to be one of those people who can get up at 5am and go to the gym.  I know that but I really want to get up at a reasonable time before work and be able to relax as I eat breakfast.  Then be able to relax as I continue my morning routine of personal grooming for my work day.  Sorry no TMI for you to groan over.  That's a safe way of saying it, personal grooming.  ;)  So moving on.  If the time is there, then be able to not stress and get in a few pushups or kettlebell swings or both.  That would be the optimum and it's possible if I'd just go back to the morning schedule I was doing until late last year.  I think I'm going to bring a new focus to this issue.  For now not going to think about anything else, just getting out of bed when the alarm goes off.  Maybe a reward of some type?  I've read about the dessert at breakfast diet, maybe I should try that.  Who wouldn't want to eat ice cream with your scrambled eggs?  Speaking of eggs maybe I should try to fix my actual breakfast differently?  I am going to try that.  Instead of microwaving the eggs I am going to fry them.  Alright a new plan, fried eggs instead of microwave and ice cream for breakfast, I like it!  This will be my new plan, but only if I actually get out of bed the first time the alarm goes off!  Stay tuned.

Breakfast: Nothing until getting to work and then a protein drink.

1st snack: Greek yogurt and almonds

Lunch: The usual wrap with turkey, cauliflower and broccoli.  This was the best wrap as I really soaked two paper towels and placed the wrap between them and microwaved for 1 minute.  Then put the filling in and microwaved again for 30 seconds.  It still wasn't very good but much better.  I still had a couple left and I gave those to a co worker who can't eat flour or wheat.  She uses them alot due to that restriction.

no 2nd snack

Dinner: Chicken burger with an egg and some ham on two slices of whole wheat low carb bread.  Added a slice of tomato and some roasted red peppers.  To drink I had a low sodium V-8.

Lifted weights and did 15min of cardio on the recumbent bike at the gym.  I felt like I got in a good workout.

No comments: