Thursday, March 28, 2013

Day 325

Tabata again!  Yes it's that time of the week again and I'm pumped that I'm getting in two of these sessions a week.  The Weds class was a killer but I felt good about it.  So I think the new plan is as I'd said Tabata/Bike/Tabata/bike/skip/Meet with L/Run.  That's a fairly heavy week and of course rinse and repeat. 
Today was also weigh in day for the weight loss contest and I am back under 235lb.  So maybe this new dinner plan is helping and maybe I'm just once again focusing on the weight instead of the big picture. 
I was talking with a co worker and he mentioned that if you feel better than you did before you started working out than maybe that's the plan working.  Frankly I do feel better and I know for a fact that I'm not breathing hard after walking 50'.  I still see the fat on my body but at the same time I also see spots that are trimmer than they were before.  So again the big picture and don't get wound up with the emotional aspects of the weight. 
Of course it never hurts when someone you know asks you if you've lost weight.  I'm always amazed when this happens because I haven't really lost the kind of weight (recently) that would elicit a comment from a person who sees you on a daily basis.  So I have to accept that even if the scale doesn't show progress I am achieving some kind of results.  Results enough that it looks like I've lost weight.  This is all so confusing.

Here's the food of the day:

Breakfast: Fried egg and an egg white on a skinny bun with 3 slices of deli ham.  Tomato and avocado along with a 2"x2-1/2"x1-1/2" slice of lemon tea cake.  20oz of cold water.

no 1st snack as I had to combine my break and lunch together.

Lunch: Spinach salad with chicken and roasted cauliflower and sweet potato.  Avocado and salsa for dressing.  5 strawberries and a handful of almonds.

Afternoon snack: Apple w/peanut butter. 2-3 tablespoons.

Dinner: Protein drink and Greek yogurt with a 5 seed bar.  A bit later I had 5 strawberries and 2 slices of deli ham plain.

During the day I had felt hungry and later in the evening dinner didn't quite satisfy me like it has.  Might want to look into making lunch a bit bigger.

So Tabata.  I just like the energy Tabata creates for me.  It's a killer but I still want to do it.  I think tomorrow will be a bike ride unless the weather turns and rain comes.  Then it will be the gym and weights.

No comments: