Thursday, March 28, 2013

Day 326

So day after Tabata and I am feeling a bit worked.  My knee is letting me know I did some work last night.  Still not a big deal, at least it doesn't seem like it.  I will try to take it easy and be a bit more mindful on the evening bike ride.  Yay the weather is holding so I can ride the bike.  Every time I ride I get more familiar with how the bike works.  So soon I'll be making better decisions when confronted with a biking situation.
It was an hour long ride so I'm getting in a good trip.  I rode up some hills and some trails were easier so I want to try some tougher stuff.  Maybe I'll go to Padden this weekend and ride the course.  I actually think I will ride on Sat after meeting with L for my route I used to do.  That will be a good couple of hours long.
Here's what I ate today:

Breakfast: Fried egg and one egg white with 3 slices of deli ham.  Tomato and avocado on a skinny bun.  2"x2-1/2"x1-1/2" slice of lemon tea cake.  20oz of cold water.

1st snack: Greek yogurt and almonds

Lunch: Spinach salad with chicken, roasted cauliflower and sweet potato, tomato, avocado, and salsa for dressing.

2nd snack: Toasted slice of whole wheat bread and peanut butter

Dinner: Protein drink.  Then stir fried some cauliflower, broccoli, and spinach with two eggs.  Low sodium V-8.  I seem to still be hungry but I'm sure I can hold off.  My reward for not eating anything more will be the slice of lemon tea cake in the morning.

I have I said I'm really enjoying the new bike??  After the ride I noticed that my knees were just fine so not too worried.  Tomorrow is Friday so it's a day off completely from working out.  Oh I still got up early enough to at least do the roller on my legs and back.  So this week so far I've full-filled my personal promise of getting out of bed earlier.  Except for today I have also gotten in a mini workout of front, back, and side planks.  For now that's my secondary goal.  I want to work on my core.

No comments: