Sunday, March 10, 2013

Day 305

So the day after Tabata and I also forgot that it was weigh in day for the weight loss contest.  I LOST a pound!  Yay me.  I had to laugh as we know that on Sunday I ate almost an entire pizza by myself and then on Monday had more pizza.  Granted it was at lunch but still....  So anyway Thursday was a normal day all around.  I went to the gym after work a bit early as I got out of work early.  I did the weight lifting routine for the back that L wrote up for me.  I'm also incorporating the recumbent random setting for 20min.  I like the fact that I can do both and still fit into my time limit at the gym.  Okay here's what I ate on Day 305:

Breakfast: Egg and ham sandwich on a skinny bun with tomato and avocado.  Today I had an apple along with the 20oz of cold water.  I don't think I've mentioned why I've stopped eating banana at breakfast.  I decided that I needed to switch up that part of the meal as I probably need to get some different fruits in my diet.  So this is an experiment (yes another one I'm going crazy with science) and why not?

1st snack: Greek yogurt.  No almonds as I ran out and neglected to purchase back up at TJ's when I did the grocery shopping

Lunch: Spinach salad with tomato, quinoa, yellow zucchini, and salsa for dressing.  I'm really enjoying using salsa as dressing.  It's low in calories compared to actual dressing so I can put alot more on and not get the calorie hit like real dressing.  I've used the peach/mango salsa and the no salt but normal salsa from TJ's to switch up the taste.  Both offer a different take on a salad.

2nd snack: Another experiment.  I was offered a protein drink by a co worker and so I had that for my snack.  It was a typical chocolate flavor that tasted a bit like medicine but not to bad.  I'm thinking I'll be trying this out for afternoon snack.  It's very good in the protein department and not bad in the other numbers.  Very low sugar content 1g, carbs 5g, and fat 3g.  With 30g of protein I'm getting a good solid snack.  And even though it's a chocolate flavor, it doesn't taste like chocolate milk so no danger of just drinking it to drink.

Dinner: Greek yogurt with Chia seeds and wasabi pea & nut mix along with a low sodium V-8.

No comments: