Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Day 722

Finally the first week of recovery is coming to an end.  Got a glowing report from the doctor and I'm good to go.  That is starting the real recovery.  I can go for walks for the next few weeks and then I can go back to the gym and walk on the treadmill and lift 10lb weights.  Also some body weight exercises are fine.
I'll take it slow and steady until the sixth week, which is when I can start ramping up to get back to my previous workouts.  That'll take another month or so.

Breakfast: Oatmeal, blue berries, and banana.  20oz of cold water.

Lunch (or second breakfast): Two pancakes.  I took a friend (my driver this last week) to "lunch" but it was still early enough that we ended up eating breakfast.  I ended up getting a couple of pancakes and a scramble.  The pancakes were more than enough so took the scramble home in a doggy bag.

Dinner: Went to friends for a BBQ and we had hamburgers and hot dogs (actually brats).  There was also a broccoli salad and baked beans.  I also broke my fast and had a soda.

So after the doctor visit I went for a walk as the weather was awesome (figures it's the last day of my vacation).  I walked for 30min and I'll keep that up for the next few times and then up the time some until I get to the three week time.  Then I can go back to the gym and continue my cardio workouts as I build up to the final week of my recovery.  For now though just happy to get this behind me and start moving forward.

No comments: