Thursday, April 10, 2014

Day 700 or Can you believe a fat man can get skinny?

So this is a milestone, at least in my world.  It seems much longer than the numbers make it seem.  I've learned a lot over these 700 days and all of worthwhile.  Lorinda has helped me immensely and I really am glad to have met her.

Breakfast: Frittata.  Eggs, mixed veggie, mini peppers, and sausage.  This meal with variations to the veggie has been my breakfast now for about a year or so.  I expect to be eating this until I get tired of it and frankly I think that will be awhile.  Of course the 20oz of water will continue until I can't get any water.

Lunch: Today I had to temporarily move my lunch time.  I still had a great lunch though.  Roast beef and Pastrami wrap with cheese, guacamole, lettuce, and roasted peppers.  I also had a single serving bag of chips.  Hey and a cookie.

Dinner: Stir fry broccoli and cauliflower.  Two of my all time fave veggies.  Also a protein drink.  I could eat broccoli and cauliflower for ever and I probably will.
  
If I look back I see some pretty amazing stuff that I've done.  I started running and kept it up.  I actually entered a real race and finished.  Nothing spectacular but still I did it.  Those are really accomplishments I never thought I'd have.
Looking forward to the next 700 as I enter this next stretch.  I've got the hernia surgery coming and the fun invasion of a colonoscopy.  The recovery for the hernia will be interesting and I plan on using it as a springboard for training better. 
So far I haven't even touched the bike and I miss that but once the weather changes I plan on getting back in the saddle.  Part of the plan will be more biking and running and less time in the gym.  That means though the time spent in the gym will need to be more focused.  At least that's the plan.

No comments: