Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Day 671

Decided to go running.  Haven't ran since the Zombie race.  I actually didn't hate it like I thought I would.  I may be getting used to the idea.  It wasn't a long run but it felt like I'd accomplished something.  I consider that a win.

It's a D&D game day and I'll be hanging with friends for the next 6 hours.  There will be chips, sweets, and other bad things for me to indulge in.  I planned on bringing an apple, a banana, and wasabi trail mix to help combat the urges.  I'm also trying out what I'm calling my secret weapon. 

I am going to wear pants.  Ha!  Normally I wear sweat pants and they are very comfortable.  Especially after eating everything in sight and then some.  So I figure if I wear pants with an actual waist size restrictor I might start to feel uncomfortable and then realize it might be time to stop eating.  At least for a while.

Breakfast before the run: 20oz of cold water.

After run: Oatmeal with a banana and 1/2 cup of cottage cheese.  About an hour and a half later, three pancakes with syrup.

For the rest of the day it went like this: Wasabi trail mix, apple with peanut butter, a really conservative portion of chips, some cashew clusters, a ham and meatloaf sandwich ( using a skinny bun), and a piece of cake.  This was over the course of six hours interspersed with social commentary.

So how did it go?  Not sure other than the fact that at the end of the day I did feel better overall compared to similar gatherings.  I still think I over did it but I'm becoming more conscious of what I'm putting in my mouth at these game days so that's got to be a good thing.

No comments: