Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Day 670

So I met up with L today.  We discussed workout methods based around the hernia and decided on a program.  For now I'm just going to workout with restraint and keep positive. 
One positive was my weight.  This week's weigh-in was at 231.  I'm back to where I was before the end of the year festivities.  Not bad considering I'm not going full out these days. 
Now I just have to keep it under control during the recovery at the end of April thru May.

Breakfast: Apple and 20oz of cold water.  I'm switching over to oatmeal as a weekend breakfast starting tomorrow.  I have high hopes for that helping me over come the weekend food binge.

After workout: I was meeting friends later so just drank a protein drink for now.

Late Lunch/Early Dinner: This was a meal with friends much later in the day but still not in the evening. I had a chicken burger with avocado, bacon, and cheese.  Side order of onion rings.  Also an adult beverage.  I did only eat about 2/3rds of the sandwich and about the same of the onion rings.  I figured I'd eat the rest later in the evening instead of convincing myself I needed more.  It did work but I still ate it way earlier than I'd planned.  I could hear it calling to me.

So not bad for a Sat.  I didn't go crazy and I think the secret once again was not sitting at home in front of the computer.  I was doing something that was occupying my mind and I didn't need to entertain thoughts of eating.  At least until we got to the restaurant.

Tomorrow is our first game day in quite a while and I'm making plans to not over indulge.  I've come up with an interesting idea and I'll be curious to see how it works out or if it will help any.

No comments: