Sunday, January 26, 2014

Day 623

Went for the second run of the year today.  I have to say I'm not real excited about running and I'm not sure I'll keep the commitment I'd made to do a race every quarter.  Just saying.  Of course that doesn't mean I'll not do it, it just means I'm having second thoughts.  Running just isn't my first choice when it comes to workouts.  Ah well.
I did go to the gym afterwards and worked on the other parts of the upper body.  I plan on varying the exercises and intensity during these workouts.  If you're wondering why, well it's called Kettlebells.  I'm getting a great workout on Tues and Thurs in that class.  I am figuring the need to take a breath is probably not a bad idea.
As it stands right now my gym schedule is the following:
Monday: Legs and abs
Tues: Kettlebells
Weds: Back and biceps
Thurs: Kettlebells
Fri: only day off from the gym
Sat: Cycle class and then personal training with Lorinda (we cover different areas every time)
Sun: Running and then the gym for Chest/Shoulders/Triceps.

Whew!

Breakfast: Before the workouts and running I drank my 20oz of cold water.  After the gym I had a salad with chicken and a cheesy roll.

Snack: Edamane chips and hummus

Dinner: Turkey burger with an egg and avocado.  9 onion rings.

So have tomorrow off from work and will hit the gym early.

No comments: