Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Day 609

So I'm starting a new idea for workouts.  I've had Lorinda write up what to do each day of the week.  Today is triceps/chest/shoulders.  So I did one of the workouts she wrote up for me that involved those muscle groups.  I then threw in a chest exercise I used to do long ago and was impressed with myself.  I'll do a specific routine each day (except Friday that's still an off day) focusing on a different body part.  The great thing is that twice a week I'll be able to do a kettlebell class at the gym.  I'm really looking forward to it.  I will miss Tabata but change is good.

Before going to the gym I drank my usual 20oz of cold water and then went to the gym to work out.

After workout meal: Big sandwich made organically and a bag of chips.  Ice tea.

I'm finding that I'm really not hungry at times and today was one of those times.  So nothing more to eat until dinner.  Of course I'll have to be careful that it just doesn't make me eat more later.

Dinner: Finished off the rest of the burrito from last night's dinner.  Plus two eggs scrambled and some carrot chips with cucumber dip and cauliflower.

So another thing I'm trying on the weekends is to eat only during daytime hours.  So basically around 10am to 8pm.  I may even say no later than 7pm.  It all depends on how the day has been going.  It's called intermittent fasting.  The idea is to limit when you eat to a more manageable time frame.  Certainly not eating after 7 or 8 o'clock in the evening is a good idea but also the not eating until 10am gives the body a good time frame to burn some excess calories.  We'll see.

No comments: