Sunday, January 12, 2014

Day 616

Running.  That was how I started today.  It wasn't a big run, as a matter of fact I'm calling it about a quarter of a mile.  It took me all of 10min from start to finish.  When I've walked the same path it's been about 20-25 min so I figure that's a good starting distance.  Yes I've run further but for the first of the new year I'm happy.
I'm starting to think about the 5K at the beginning of Feb.  I just registered so I guess I better start doing some practice.  The 5K is just a bit longer than once around Lake Padden and we know I can do that.  I'm not fast but at least I can finish it.  Plus it should be fun as I will get to dress up like a Zombie with make-up and everything.  Heh.

Before the run I drank 20oz of cold water.

After the gym meal: Spicy Lentil wrap and two pork buns.

Mid day snack: Cup of cottage cheese with salsa and then a bit later I finished off the carrot chips with hummus.

Dinner: Looks like a piece of fish, bowl of clam chowder, and cauliflower.  I might have some pistachios later in the evening.

So after the fun I went to the gym and did the Sun lifting schedule.  Triceps, shoulders, and chest.  I was running late for an appointment so I only did one run through but I was able to use the 25lb dumbbells instead of switching out to the 20's.  So I think I still did okay.  In the future I want to be able to do the pyramid structure as I have in the past.  Overall though a good day both in exercise and food plans.

No comments: