Sunday, January 12, 2014

Day 613

Today turned into one of the "life" days.  Wasn't able to work out due to life getting in the way.  Also along with life disrupting my workout it also disrupted my food schedule.  Mostly dinner was affected.  I'm calling the next 24 hours a "cheat" day.

Breakfast: Frittata.  20oz of cold water.

1st snack: No yogurt as I miss-calculated on my food purchases.  So just had almonds.  Started with 24 and then indulged a bit more.

Lunch: Salad with chicken.

Dinner: Okay here's where we went off the rails into the weeds.  First off went to a restaurant where it's really hard to find a healthy choice.  This due to the fact that the menu consists of really tempting and delicious food, unfortunately all of those choices are calorie heavy.  The second part of the equation is the fact that it's almost 10pm by the time we're eating.  So poor food choices and eating after 8pm (my new rule) makes for a disaster for my health plan.  Hence my comment at the start of this entry.  Life.
So I did eat half of a turkey club and passed on the fries.  I had some broccoli, at least the restaurant offered that as an alternative.  I saved the other half for breakfast tomorrow. 

It's going to happen and all that means is what I can take from it.  I know that this will happen and it will affect the short term.  Long term is where my goals are though and this set back is just another hill I have to get over.  I've been doing this dance for about three years now and with my support system (L) along with that knowledge I have to tools to over come.  So let's move on and see what tomorrow brings.

No comments: