Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Day 618

New single word entry for the workout of the day.  Kettlebell!  Yes the gym now has a kettlebell class that happens on Tues and Thurs evenings.  It will be an excellent replacement for Tabata.
The instructor is awesome and a bit of a drill sergeant but not overly hard nosed. 
He knows my name because of Lorinda being my trainer, so it was kind of cool when he came by to help me with a move.  I expect this class to really crank up my motivation and metabolism.  The ability to burn calories is going to sky rocket. 
The really nice aspect of the class is that it's only 30min long.  So again a good replacement for Tabata.

Breakfast: Frittata with cottage cheese and salsa.  20oz of cold water.

1st snack: Greek yogurt with 24 almonds and continuing to add in the blue berries.  Nice change.

Lunch: Salad with fish.  Had another piece of pizza.  Frankly this is one of my issues.  The pizza was from Friday so that would make it essentially five days old.  I honestly couldn't help myself, I had to have some pizza.  Was it good?  Quite honestly NO, it wasn't.  Did it make any difference in my attitude towards doing it again.  Probably not.  It will be interesting to see if I will have another piece tomorrow.  Now six day old pizza.  (shakes head in a sad way)

Dinner: Protein drink and 40 pistachios.

So did a 15min cardio stationary bike ride before Kettlebell and then it was great to launch into the workout.  We did some moves and then incorporated the 'bell into a burpee and mountain climber set.  It was fun and grueling and I'm down for the next class on Thurs. 

No comments: