Thursday, January 31, 2013

Day 269

It's Tabata!  Yes Tabata is in the air tonight.  I am again very happy I've discovered this and even happier the gym is offering it.  Also the rumour is they are going to add another night so I can get my Tabata on twice a week!  Today I got up very late ( yesterday's early awakening did me in ) and chose to wait until I got to work to eat.  I remember what happened last week so I made sure I ate my snacks and had a substantial lunch to help stem any hunger that might have arisen in the evening.  I felt that I did accomplish my goal of not over eating after my Tabata workout.  Here's the actual list:

Breakfast:  Okay after I got out of bed I had the 20oz of cold water and then went to work and ate a Peanut Butter Larabar.

1st snack: Greek yogurt and almonds

Lunch: Went Mexican.  Had a torta and a tamale.  A torta is a sandwich made on a big fluffy bun containing meat and cabbage mixed with avocado and jalapeno.  The street taco restaurant makes an excellent torta.

2nd snack: Apple Pie Larabar

Dinner: A mix of beet, yam, broccoli, cauliflower, quinoa, salmon patty, and salsa.  Had a low sodium V-8.  A bit later had some pistachios and a 100cal popcorn that turned out to be kettle corn flavor.  Just a hint of sweetness in the popcorn.

I did wake up with a stiff neck.  So I guess the excellent workout I had the night before caused some strain.  After Tabata I felt pretty good but if I don't feel better in the morning I will go to the chiropractor.  I am trying to not ignore the possible neck out of place just because I don't want to spend the money on the chiropractor.  If it helps me stay healthy than I need to go.  Oh by the way did I mention I really enjoyed Tabata?

No comments: