Friday, January 25, 2013

Day 262

Tabata!!  Yes again with the Tabata.  I know I'll get a great workout and it's always different.  Tonight we did some lower body followed by some upper body followed by some cardio. I tried to push myself this time and I definitely did work a bit harder than usual.  Push ups I still did on my knees but otherwise I tried to keep the intensity through out each set.  Food was still a factor and I failed in a sense.  I've decided though I'm not worrying about that this week.  I'm giving myself a pass.  You'll notice that all week I've eaten some excess calories and not really worked out as hard as I normally do.  At least in my opinion.  And that's what matters in the long run.  So I guess that means I better get it together if I want to succeed in this competition to get in shape and live longer.  Going out on a limb here and fessing up, I want to live longer so I need to get my body on board.  Sometimes I wonder if I really get it, but than I know I do.  It just takes a bit of convincing.  Today I made the decision to sleep in late and switch up my morning.  Here's the bad news about what I ate today:

Breakfast: Didn't actually eat breakfast in the traditional sense today.  After I got up I drank the 20oz of cold water but waited until I got to work before I ate anything.  At that point I ate an Apple Pie Larabar.

1st snack: My morning threw me a curve ball and so didn't eat a Greek yogurt.  Instead had a toasted slice of whole wheat low carb bread with peanut butter.

Lunch: Wrap with felafel's, broccoli, spinach, quinoa, tomato, and BBQ sauce with the wrap being low carb.

2nd snack: Peanut Butter Larabar.

Dinner: After Tabata! I had a 6" sandwich from a sandwich shop that had double meat and veggies on it.  Had a small bowl of pistachios and a Skinny Cow sundae a bit later in the evening.

So again not the best choices but as I've said all bets are off this week.  I'll try to get in good workouts but am giving myself a pass in a way.  Today with Tabata! that met my criteria.  Tomorrow will hopefully continue the trend as far as the workout is concerned.

No comments: