Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Day 252

So it's still the weekend and I'm going to start hanging out with  my gaming friends again.  I'm trying to not go crazy and eat a ton of junk like I used to do when we met on Saturday nights.  It will be during the day so my plan is to eat a good lunch and then have healthy options for the rest of the day.  So here's what I did:

Breakfast: Greek yogurt and 20oz of cold water.

After workout meal: A turkey burger on a skinny bun with an egg, a ham patty, tomato, and avocado.  Had some cauliflower on the side.  It was quite filling and I felt satisfied to take on the challenge of the game day.

For the rest of the day I had brought a Mexicali salad from TJ's along with cauliflower, carrots, and hummus.  I also picked up some rice cake type of snack from TJ's to try out.  There were chips (really?) and salsa which I indulged in.  Also there was some fake guacamole and sour cream to dip the chips in.  There were some snack cakes and a ginger soda.  In addition I had a Fiber One bar and drank water with a lemon in it.  No real soda, the ginger soda was more of a natural drink.

So I ended up not eating the salad but everything else was eaten.  I did feel like I overindulged but not on the really bad stuff but on the veggies and hummus.  I did have more chips than I should have but overall I think I made some good choices.  Now to keep that going for the future.  We are not meeting for two weeks but after that it will be a weekly thing.  So my work is cut out for me.  Especially since I need to start thinking about the race in October.  I refuse to sabotage myself.

I did go to the gym in the morning and did a cardio workout.  I plan on getting outside on Sunday's to walk the course that the race will be on.  I want to be familiar with it so I can know what's ahead of me. 

Oh as an aside I was re-reading a previous post and I need to make a correction.  I stated that I was only three posts away from posting for a year.  Math was never my best class but I really blew this one.  As you can see from the heading of this post it's Day 252 so I think that means I'm 103 days away from a year?  I got excited and just forgot that the total number of posts are not related to the blog when I started this journey but from before.  I officially started this section of the blog on Jan 22 2012.  So on the 22nd of Jan it will have been one year but still not 365 days of posting.  I'm going to have to look at that as it seems like it should be.  I've not skipped any days that I remember.

No comments: