Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Day 266

Okay I finally made it to Lake Padden.  It was a cold and rainy morning but I still went for it and walked around the lake.  This was the route the run part of the dualthon will take in Oct.  It took me about 50min to walk around the entire lake.  So that's right around the time I take to walk when I'm walking the Whatcom Falls trails next to my condo.  Of course I hardly walk them anymore as I normally ride my bike on them instead.  It is also game day.  So I went to friends for a day of gaming and food.  I feel I did very well under the circumstances.  Normally it's quite the challenge during these gatherings but today I held back somewhat.  Here's how it went:

Breakfast: Cherry Pie Larabar and 20oz of cold water.

After walk around Lake Padden: Small chocolate milk.  Also a skinny tall vanilla latte with added protein.  That was what I had until after I arrived at the friends house.

Lunch: This was in the early afternoon so basically a late lunch.  I had a Mexicali salad from TJ's that I added some quinoa to.  Along with some chips (not as many as last time).  I also had some hummus with carrots.

Later in the day I had a ham sandwich.  It was on rye bread with cheese.  Then in the early evening I had another ham sandwich on rye bread with cheese.  I brought some mini peppers, so along with the carrots I had some of the peppers with the hummus.

All during the day I had a handful or two of pistachios instead of chips.  Also there was a bottle of the ginger soda and I had a small can of low sodium V-8 along with water to drink during the day.  No soda.

So I had a good workout walking around the lake and then didn't go crazy over food at the game.  If I can keep this up on these days I should be okay.  I just have to watch myself a bit more closely and as L says when I feel hunger, drink water.  This is especially true if I'm feeling hungry and I just ate something.

No comments: