Saturday, January 19, 2013

Day 257

Yay Friday!  You gotta luv Friday.  That is unless your work week doesn't end on Friday.  In that case Friday is just another work day and I get that.  For me though Friday is the end of the work week and it holds a special place in my heart.  For more than the reason you might think.  Yes it's the end of the work week but in addition, for me anyway, it's the day before I meet with L.  I look forward to the day because I know we will do something I've never done before.  So my body will get a chance to be challenged.  Granted when I do Tabata it's a challenge to my body but still I know L will bring it.  Okay I hope what I just typed won't come back to bite me.  L that wasn't a "challenge accepted" type of comment.  ;)  I just know I will be challenged in one way or another by L and I'll learn more about what it takes to live a fuller life.  Sorry if that got a bit metaphysical but it's the truth.  Okay enough about me, let's talk about food:

Breakfast: Egg, ham, turkey sandwich on a skinny bun with tomato and avocado.  Banana and 20oz of cold water.

Snack: Greek yogurt (no almonds)

Lunch: Chile Releno with spinach and broccoli.

2nd snack: Peanut Butter Larabar

Dinner: Burrito from the taco truck restaurant.  It was rice, cabbage with Asada (steak).  I added cottage cheese.  Later in the evening I had a very small bowl of split pea soup mixed with crackers and Parmesan cheese.

So in the evening I ended up going to friends for a game.  I ate before I went and took my water bottle with lemon in it.  Also took one of the ginger beer drinks (non alcohol) but did have an adult beverage.  I feel like I did very well overall for the evening.  Frankly normally I would have probably eaten the burrito and then had more food as the night went on.  So patting myself on the back for the restraint .  Yay me.

No comments: