Friday, January 11, 2013

Day 349

Since I haven't talked about this yet I'm going to put it in writing to make it real.  I've decided after talking to L that I'm going to commit to an "event" later this year.  It's a Duathalon.  It consists of two running segments around a mountain biking segment.  The running part is 2.6 miles each and the biking is 4 miles (?).  L feels it would be good for me and I agree as I'd like to try something different.  I will need to ask her about training though and am not sure if I'm going to like the answer (mental head slap).  It's not until October so I've got some time, good thing too.  Not real excited about the running part but definitely looking forward to the biking part, especially once I get the new mountain bike I'm planning on.

So it's the day after Tabata and again I feel fine.  I left the gym last nite and figured I'd feel good today and I was right.  Does that mean I need to go for the harder versions of the exercises in the Tabata segments?  I'm thinking so, otherwise I'm just going thru the motions and not getting the full benefits of the workout.  Crap, I don't want to throw up.  Heh.

Breakfast: Egg and turkey sandwich with skinny bun with avocado and tomato.  Banana and 20oz of cold water.

1st snack: Greek yogurt and almonds

Lunch: Spinach salad with quinoa mixed with salmon, cauliflower, carrot shreds, tomato, and salsa for dressing.  Again a slice of whole wheat toast and peanut butter.

2nd snack: Peanut Butter Larabar

Dinner: Two mini Greek pizza's from TJ's with some Artichoke Bruschetta spread on top.  Also 3-4 handfuls of almonds a bit later in the evening.

Skipped working out today.  I've felt a bit off and so am thinking I'm over training and I need to take it easy for an extra day.  This means I will only work out 5 days this week instead of my usual 6.  It always feels weird when I don't go to the gym if it's one of my usual days.  I also skipped because I went to the chiropractor due to my back and neck feeling out of whack.  Funny way of putting it when I'm going to the chiropractor.  We'll see how I feel in the morning.

No comments: