Friday, February 1, 2013

Day 270

Day after Tabata and I'm experiencing a stiff neck.  I'm heading to the chiropractor and expect to be feeling better afterwards.  I'm going to the gym anyway.  The chiro said there was no reason not to work out, so I just took it easy.  This morning I got up a bit earlier than I have lately and hope to continue to slowly get back in the habit. I really think the morning routine I used to do is important.  It got my day off to a good start.  I might have put a bit too much pressure on myself though.  Hence the resistance to getting up maybe.  So I'll just ease back into it and not beat myself up when I sleep in.

A new wrinkle has been added to my life.  Now in addition to the Dualathon in October, I've now challenged myself to a weight loss competition at work.  I've joined a group of people (mostly women) to see who can lose the greatest percentage of weight in a ten week period.  We all pitched in $5 and it's winner take all.  So let's see if I can get serious and start the journey by eating better and stop making excuses.  I think I'm fooling myself that I've been eating smaller portions in my pursuit of weight loss.  Yes I'm going to the gym 6 days a week but I'm not eating less and I maybe allowing myself too many cheat days.  So speaking of eating:

Breakfast: Egg and turkey sandwich with tomato and avocado.  Banana and 20oz of cold water.

1st snack: Greek yogurt and almonds

Lunch: Spinach salad with cauliflower, tomato, quinoa, salmon patty, and salsa for dressing.  Also a low sodium V-8.

no 2nd snack

Dinner: Roasted yam, cauliflower, beet, cottage cheese, and salsa.  Two handfuls of pistachios and a 100cal bag of kettle corn.  5.5oz can of low sodium V-8.

I felt so much better after I went to the chiropractor that I did the cardio workout afterwards.  I'm glad I did as I didn't make any excuses to not go.  The cardio was good and my legs felt fine.  It was the day after Tabata so I was a bit skeptical but all was well. 

No comments: