Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Day 274

For lunch for the next three days I'm planning on trying a new approach.  I'm actually going to eat dinner at lunch.  By that I mean I'm going to eat food I normally reserve for dinner but I'm going to eat it at lunch time.  I figure I will be getting more protein in the middle of the day and then the late afternoon.  This might help me to not be as hungry in the evening and I'll have eaten a meal with stuff that makes more sense in the middle of the day instead of at night.  I'll adjust as I go and experiment.  Should be fun and hopefully it will help me in my journey to lose more weight and possibly win some cash (see Fridays entry).

So I'm writing this part at the end of the day.  The experiment is off to rousing success.  I did eat a dinner type meal but at lunch and I feel like I'm certainly not as hungry.  I also feel satisfied with what I'm eating for dinner.  Of course I still feel the need to adjust the actual dinner portions to agree more with the plan. 

I lifted weights after work and I liked doing that instead of cardio.  Especially considering that my legs were definitely feeling the weekend workouts.

Breakfast: Egg and turkey with bacon sandwich on a skinny bun with guacamole and tomato.  Banana and 20oz of cold water.

1st snack: Greek yogurt and almonds

Lunch: Two mini spinach and onion pizzas from TJ's with a salmon patty split between the two and cheese along with some tomato.  Also some mini peppers.

2nd snack: Peanut Butter Larabar

Dinner: A pear mixed with cottage cheese (about a half a cup) and salsa.  Carrot slices and hummus.  Two donuts.  5.5oz can of low sodium V-8.

So dinner wasn't the best choices but still not bad in the long term scheme of things.  I'm liking the lunch choice so I expect to stick with that for a while.  Some future choices will be possibly a hamburger on a skinny bun with an egg.  I may even try to cook on my lunch so I can have a stir fry or a frittata.  Not sure but I'll see.  Whatever I decide the objective will be to eat enough at lunch that dinner can be smaller in the long run.

No comments: