Friday, February 8, 2013

Day 278

So I did go to work today but it was a bit surreal.  The ear with the infection is basically deaf and the other ear is about 60% or so it seems.  I spent a lot of time leaning into peoples faces so I could understand what they were asking me to do.  A couple of times I had to explain my repeated "what did you say?" but in general a good day.  I worked the late shift so I got up around 9am and decided I should go to work as I couldn't really justify not going in.  Yes I was hearing a pounding sound in my head (my heartbeat) and I was coughing a few times but overall I felt fairly well.  Not like the previous two days.  So back on track food wise and exercise wise.  Even though I'm keeping my normal schedule so no workout today as tomorrow is again meet up with L day.  I'm interested to see how I fare as it will have been a whole three days of no workouts.  I was really sad to miss Tabata but I'm hoping that next week will start the two a week Tabatas, L was telling me was in the works.  So here's how the day went:

Breakfast: Egg and turkey sandwich on a skinny bun with avocado and cheese.  Banana and 20oz of cold water.

1st snack: Two thick slices of a desserty type bread toasted and paved in butter.

Lunch: Finished off the mini pizzas from TJ's and added cheese, a chicken patty, and a mini pepper.  One slice of the bread.

2nd snack: No food but drank the rest of the afternoon one of the green tea drinks I like.  It helps me wake up in the later part of my day.

Dinner: I choose to try something different and was rewarded with a delicious take out pizza slices.  Just two and they were a very thin crust type pizza.  One slice was a veggie and the other was basically a Hawaiian style with pineapple and Canadian bacon I think anyway.  Actually very satisfying.  A bit later though I did have some pistachios and a piece of dark chocolate.

So again felt pretty good about what and how much I ate today.  I'm really liking the "dinner for lunch" movement I've started.  I've seen some recipes in the two men's magazines I read and I'll start pulling from them.  Before I couldn't see how to make them work as they were generally multiple serving recipes.  Now I'm seeing them as the weeks lunches so I want more than one serving.  Well I'm willing to give them a shot anyway.  Can't hurt and will probably be better for me in the long run.

No comments: