Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Day 280

It's Sunday and I'm heading to Lake Padden for the weekly workout there.  I am going to keep going to Padden on Sundays instead of the gym so I can get used to the track and soon the bike trail.  Today will also be the first day back with the gaming group.  The food supplied will be my buddy's famous bean dip.  Which translates into yummy bean dip covering chips and cheese in a big bowl.  As I said Yum!  I don't plan on taking any side food so will just see how I do along with everyone else.  Here's the plan"

Breakfast: Apple Pie Larabar and 20oz of cold water.

So I headed to Padden and was going to walk the bike part of the race.  Instead I felt I didn't have enough time so I did the run pathway.  I did a sorta jog/walk.  I decided that I would try to run 7 times as I made my way around the lake.  Why seven?  I figured I would need some kind of way to gauge myself, so decided to set a number of times I'd try to run.  Ten seemed too many and five seemed too weak so seven it was.  I also figure I was able to maintain the "running" for about 30sec before I started to really gasp for air. I will shoot for seven times each week and try to increase the total time of each attempt.  This will be my way of training myself to run.  I also "ran" up hill and down in addition to the flat parts.  I wanted to give myself a bit of practice plus didn't want to just run on the flat.  My time was the same as the walking time from two weeks ago.  50min so not great but also not bad as I think that means I didn't slow down too much in between runs.

After work out meal: So after that I had a chocolate milk and a landjaeger.  I then went to friends for the game day and Bean dip.  I ended up having two fairly large bowls mixed with the bean dip, chips, and cheese.  The two bowls were spread out during the day.  I had the first one when I first got there (had to refuel from the "run") and the second bowl came a few hours later.  In between I had a few chips, actually not that many and a couple of snack bars.  I tried to drink lots of water, also had some cole slaw at the same time. 

After I got back home I had the other landjaeger and that was it for the day food wise.  I went grocery shopping on my way home and that worked out better I think.

No comments: